PHP is hard to get started with but then should start to make sense. So far you should know at least what this means:
- PHP is a scripting language which runs on the server
- it is used to combine data and text into Web pages which may appear different each time
- it can store data in variables and compare or change that data
- it can read and write data in text files
- it can use arrays to store lots of data and loops to get it out again
There is more to learn but first a tip and some practise.