So far you have created a database, put a table in it and add and deleted fields. You would need to know more to be good at it but that is really all you need to know to create a database ready for use on pages. Check your understanding of what you should now be able to do:
- in PHP you connect to the server and that connection is then available until you close it
- you use mysqli_query to send queries to the server
- some queries return data (or at least a result)
- you can loop through all the results using while and mysqli_fetch_array
Also check that you understand the syntax:
- SQL key words are traditionally written in capitals to make them stand out
- queries end in a semi colon which should never be missed off (this is a security thing)
- SQL is almost like English!
Now to do some manipulation of data.