Open index.html in your editor and use HTML to create the page your client has requested (below) using the HTML elements you have been taught (and maybe some fo the new ones listed at the bottom of the page).
Specification (what the client wants)
- a title Halcyon Enterprises
- a main heading saying Halcyon2 Enterprises (make sure you get the 2 in the correct position)
- an h2 subheading saying Who are we?
- two paragraphs of text (provided below for you to copy) with the word useless emphasised using <strong></strong>
- in those paragraphs CEO is an abbreviation so mark it as an abbr element and use a title attribute in the opening tag with the words Chief Executive Officer
- put a horizontal rule under the second paragraph
- the image of grommets provided below which you will need to save to your folder (add an alt attribute saying Some grommets)
- another h2 subheading saying Products
- paste in the final paragraph of text from below
- a bullet list of products (below)
- each list item should have a title just like you did for links here (the title text is shown below for you to copy)
- the first product should have a link to the second page (product1.html)
Content to copy
Halcyon Enterprises are Cornwall's premier supplier of rubber grommets to the military. Without rubber grommets Britain's army would be useless. Tanks would grind to a halt, guns would fail and ships would sink. Our CEO says "We are proud of our contribution to the success of the world's toughest fighting force".
Our grommets come in a range of types and sizes and below are just a few examples.
The image is here.
No other rubber grommets are as rubbery or grommetty. No other rubber grommets can take the pressure of combat as easily. No other rubber grommets smell so wonderful. No other rubber grommets are made by us.
- springy grommet
- spongy grommet
- fiddly grommet
- fireproof grommet
- cheesy grommet
The titles for those list items:
- Our springy grommet is especially made from the springiest rubber out there
- The spongy grommet is just as squidgy but not as resilient
- The fiddly grommet is our smallest
- The fireproof grommet is designed for use in environments where fire hazards are normal
- The cheesy grommet is made from cracking cheese, grommet
Useful elements - a reminder
Some of these might be relevant to this page:
- <sup></sup> go around superscript text (e.g. 42)
- <hr> - makes a line across the page (a horizontal rule)
- <abbr></abbr> used to identify an abbreviation (a title attribute is used inside the opening tag to give the full text that was abbreviated)
- <q></q> to go around short quotes within a paragraph
- <blockquote></blockquote> for long quotes shown as a separate paragraph
- one of the other type attribute values for a form input field is email (type="email")